Helping top law firms and defendants navigate the complex world of
federal criminal justice.
Keynote presentations and panel discussions.
Walt Pavlo, Jr. is a nationally recognized expert on white collar and the federal criminal justice system. He consults, writes and speaks on topics ranging from white collar crime to criminal justice. Walt is a popular contributor to Forbes where he writes on white-collar crime issues. His work has earned him appearances on American Greed and in documentary films (including White Collar Convicts : Life On The Inside and (Dis)Honesty). Pavlo co-authored a popular book, Stolen Without A Gun (co-authored with Neil Weinberg, Bloomberg), based on his experience as a senior manager in a large telecommunications company where he was at the center of a large accounting fraud. He would serve two years in federal prison as a result.
He has made appearances for the FBI, U.S. Attorneys Office, Big-4 Accounting Firms, Top-Ranked MBA Schools, Law Schools and major corporations across the country.
He co-founded the firm Prisonology LLC as an expert testimony, training and consulting firm on Bureau of Prison policies and procedures. The firm utilizes the talents of retired BOP and US Probation professionals who share their knowledge through engagements across the country. He leads training classes for attorneys, federal judges, probation officers and public defenders.
Pavlo earned his B.S. in Industrial Engineering from West Virginia University and his MBA in Finance from Mercer University. He is also a Journalist Law School Fellow at Loyola Law School (2014).
Pavlo delivers keynotes, participates in panel discussions and can be a moderator for events. His topics include:
- White Collar Crime
- Federal Criminal Defense
- Federal Sentencing Guidelines
- Motivations of White Collar Criminals
- "Tone At The Top"
- Importance of Professional Skepticism in the Audit Process
- Consequences of White Collar Crime
Controlling and creating the narrative in complex litigation cases.
Our contacts with the media are extensive. Our regular meetings with reporters and news production executives, give us an edge in our pitch strategy. This allows us to get the narrative out there first and continue to control it.
- Preparing stories and supporting documentation packaged for reporters
- Source stories on back ground to major outlets and work with reporters who cover these types of cases
- Preparation of attorneys for speaking to media
- Create and distribute media pitch sheet for staff
- Identify relevant media opportunities to promote story
- Talk Radio / Television
- Social Media Influencers
Online Evaluation and Management
Monitor news articles and create a strategy to present positive information as part of legal strategy:
- Monitor case coverage
- Create content to counter misinformation on case
- Manage your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on case
- Conduct monthly review calls and update strategy
Social Media Management
Our expertise and tools will drive awareness of the B&A brand.
- Create and manage content for distribution
- Press Releases
- OpEd Creation